Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Art

 As I've been out and about there has been a ton of paintings, etc. that I keep snapping pictures of but haven't posted.  Here are a few.  Most of these are from the exhibit during the Mongolian Economic Forum, but the last one is a new one they just put up last week in the lobby of my apartment.


The first painting is supposed to represent democracy and how the Monoglian people have finally been able to speak out.









 I can't remember if this one had a special meaning, but I liked that the herder was taking a nap with his flock.
 This one was all about eyes being the window to your soul.  My photo does not do it justice, but each eye has a different scene.  Plus, it was colorful and I like that.
This is clearly a high-class work.  So high-class in fact that I am a contributing artist.  It was a collage of different pictures and sayings that was supposed to represent the future of Mongolia.  You might not be able to tell from this, but the cute picture of sheep just under the "O" were placed there by yours truly.  The Arts Council clearly thought I had talent - they were trying to sell this particular piece for 15 million tugriks (about $15,000).
This last one is the new art in my apartment lobby.  Again, the photo doesn't quite do it justice, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment