Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gandan Monastery - Take Two

 Most of these photos are in the Gandan Complex, a little courtyard inside the main grounds of the monastery.  This is the Vajradhara Temple.
 This courtyard was one of my favorite places we went to see.  It was full of people just hanging out on a lovely Sunday morning. 
 I think this building is the actual Gandan Temple.  They were conducting services when we got there.  It was a little bit like clowns coming out of a car - this is not that big of a building and I think almost all 400 monks came pouring out. 
Feeding the birds...  lots of birds.... 


 Outside the library.
 I loved this little lady feeding the birds - she was adorable - but I have to say the massive flights of pigeons totally freaked me out.

 I was trying to take a sneaky snapshot of this little girl on the prayer bench.  Her mom was showing her how to use it.

Not a bad place to take a load off.
One last shot of the courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment