Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm back......

Did you miss me?  After a short, but welcome trip back to the states - I'm back in Mongolia to finish out my assignment.  Part of my trip was work related as I got to travel with one of my Mongolian colleagues as we took several parliamentary journalists around Utah.  I'll not bore you with the actual work part of the trip, but a few photos/observations......

This is what represents a line at Chinggis Khan International Airport.  It's a bit of every man for himself.  Luckily there is only one terminal and if you just wait it out - there is still your assigned seat on the flight but it was quite a spectacle.
I flew on an earlier flight, but the journalists were delayed so we had to adjust the schedule.  This is our strategic planning session of what sites to go see and more importantly where to go for lunch.  Winners in both categories:  Temple Square and the Cheesecake Factory.
Not the Cheesecake Factory, but dinner at a Brazilian BBQ with the group.  If you've never been to a Brazilain BBQ - this is where men in festive outfits come around with meat (lots of meat) on swords.  It was a hit and a good time was had by all.   We actually convinced a waiter it was someone's birthday so the waiters would dance and sing at the table. 
And finally, we took a bit of a break in Park City.  Bagi and Ganzo and I took a quick drive up and had a lovely evening on patio. 











I have to say - it was a great break!  It was great to see folks (thanks, Dad, for driving to SLC) and I apologize to those I didn't get to see - but I'll be back soon.  Until then....  it's always sunny in Mongolia!

No comments:

Post a Comment