Wednesday, June 6, 2012

More China photos, but I'll try not to bore you

View from the hotel room.  It's not rainy - that's haze - otherwise known as pollution.  Luckily for us, most of it burned off during the day.
Boats on the lake at Beihai Park.  Oh, did I mention that a speed boat was also racing around?  Safety standards seemed to be a little lax.
Jingshan Park.  Completely worth the climb to the top - it's a great vantage point to see the Forbidden City.
Much like this.  It was hazy, so this isn't the best picture but it is really remarkable.
I loved this.  All through the park (this is Jingshan) people were dancing, singing and really just enjoying a beautiful Saturday.
The Great Wall.  It really is great - it's just massive.  Even with that, Mr. Wang (our seemingly 12-year old driver) couldn't seem to locate it. We did choose to go to Mutianyu (it's a bit further than Badaling which is the closest spot to see the wall outside of Beijing) but still - it's fairly easy to spot.
 Proof.  I was here too.












Imperial Garden inside the Forbidden City.  This might have been one of my favorite spots - really an amazing place.

Trust me, I have dozens more, but I don't want to bore.  So I'll stop there and just make you look at them when I get back to the states. 

For now, back to sunny Mongolia.

No comments:

Post a Comment