Thursday, July 26, 2012

An interesting look at UB

So, I've been terribly remiss in posting lately.  Partly - it's because my time in Mongolia is almost up and I've been trying to finish a number of things - and partly because I can't seem to get the internet to work at my apartment.   Infrastructure can be incredibly frustrating here.  Sometimes a plug will work, sometimes it won't.  Sometimes the water runs a lovely rust colored orange, sometimes not.  It's just hard to tell.

I was sent a link to a video that talk a bit about some of these issues - and gives a fairly good look at the city.  It was interesting to watch - as I've been to most of the places shown - if you let me I'm sure I'll bore you with my own narrated version once I get back.

Before the link, the one thing that I should definitely say is that I have been very, very lucky living where I do and having access to services - as you'll see it's not always the case.

With that, here's the link: http://www.mad-mongolia.com/news/mongolia-news/ulaanbaatar-infrastructure-10975/ 

And - I'll spend sometime posting this weekend about Naadam and a few other bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment